NAF v3: NSV-4 MODAF: SV-4
The P4 Resource Functions view addresses resource (human and non-human) functions – i.e. the activities performed by Resources.
The primary purposes of the P4 are to:
- Develop a clear description of the necessary data flows that are input (consumed) by and output (produced) by each resource.
- Ensure that the functional connectivity is complete (i.e. that a resource’s required inputs are all satisfied).
- Ensure that the functional decomposition reaches an appropriate level of detail.
- Provide implementation-specific realisations of the operational activities specified in the L4 – Logical Activities view.
The Functionality Description provides detailed information regarding the:
- Allocation of functions to resources.
- Flow of data between functions.
The P4 is the systems view counterpart to the Activity Model (L4) of the operational view.
- Description of task workflow.
- Identification of functional system requirements.
- Functional decomposition of systems.
- Relate human and system functions.
Detailed View Description
Key Elements and Their Relationships
The detailed meta-model for P4 can be viewed here