NAF v3: NSV-5 MODAF: SV-5
The L4-P4 Function to Operational Activity / Service Function Traceability Matrix provides two alternate views:
- It addresses the linkage between functions described in P4 – Resource Functions and Operational Activities specified in L4 – Logical Activities.
- It addresses the Resource Functions from P4 and the Service Functions from S4.
This view can also support a Service Oriented approach by allowing service functions as well as Operational Activities.
The L4-P4 view depicts the mapping of functions (and optionally, the resources that provide them) to operational activities or service functions. For operational activities it thus identifies the transformation of an operational need into a purposeful action performed by a system or solution. For service functions it provides the link between the services used at the operational level and the specific functions provided by the resources supporting the services.
During requirements definition, L4-P4 plays a particularly important role in tracing the architectural elements associated with system requirements to those associated with user requirements.
- Tracing functional system requirements to user requirements.
- Tracing solution options to requirements.
- Identification of overlaps.
Detailed View Description
Key Elements and Their Relationships
The detailed meta-model for L4-P4 can be viewed here